1 day live, interactive and online program.
In this program, you will gain the skills to ensure effective management of WHS site risks and performance by learning how to effectively select, manage and monitor the complex and challenging world of subcontractors.
NEXT START DATE:
Thursday 4th June 2020
Why do this program?
From a WHS compliance perspective, you have a duty of care to everyone who walks on site – and this includes your subcontractors.
Whether you engage subcontractors or you are a subcontractor, safety is at its strongest when everyone is aligned in their expectations. This program covers the WHS obligations regarding subcontractors and is designed to step through the various stages of effective subcontractor management, including assessing, evaluating safety history, attitudes, performance and reporting.
You will also gain the nationally recognised unit SLCSCM406 Implement and monitor subcontractor work health and safety requirements, which is part of the 10604NAT Certificate IV in Safety Leadership (WHS) – Construction program.
Subcontractor Management is one of our most popular and requested programs, now available to the public via our live and interactive online format.
Program Format & Cost
This program is a facilitator-led, real-time, interactive training environment via an internet-connected computer or device.
This is not a pre-recorded online program, it is the same experience as our face-to-face programs.
Date: Thursday 4th June 2020
Group Discount: 6 or more $395 per person.
GST is not applicable to accredited training.
The program fee includes all materials and assessments.
What will you learn in the Subcontrator Management program?
- Understand how to meet your legal obligations under WHS legislation
- How to incorporate safety thinking in your procurement process, enabling you to be able to:
> Review and evaluate contractors and their subcontractors where applicable
> Manage subcontractors
> Monitor subcontractors
> Understand the roles and responsibilities of key site personnel in managing contractors
- Understand why effective contractor management is critical for ‘success’, who needs to be involved and whose responsibility it is
- How to treat contractors fairly, so they have clarity on expectations and have a full understanding of their own legal obligations
- How to engage subcontractors, what to do on a routine basis to maintain oversight and when to do a contract review
- Ensure clarity of contract scope and requirements in regard to WHS throughout the procurement process to reduce the need for renegotiation
- Provide feedback that encourages continuous improvement and strengthens and sustains relationships
Ready to enrol in Subcontactor Management?
How to enrol in this program
1. Read the handbook
Before enrolling in this program, ensure you’ve downloaded and understood the student handbook.
It explains your rights as a participant in our programs, the policies and procedures relevant to your enrolment into a nationally recognised qualification program, the cancellation, refund and transfer policy and what happens if we cancel a program.
By clicking "Enrol Now" on the last page of your enrolment form, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions contained within the handbook.
2. Create your Unique Student Identifier (USI)
Each student needs an Australian Government Unique Student Identifier (USI). This creates a secure online record of your recognised training and qualifications gained in Australia, from all training providers you've undertaken recognised training with since 1 January 2015. You will also be able to produce a comprehensive transcript of your training. This can be used when applying for a job, seeking a credit transfer or demonstrating prerequisites when undertaking further training.
You'll need some identification ready to create your USI.
Created a USI previously? Use your existing one. Forgotten it? Click here to recover it.
To create your USI, have at least one form of current and valid ID handy, either:
- Australian Passport
- non-Australian Passport (with Australian Visa)
- Australian birth certificate
- Australian Driver’s Licence
- Green Medicare Card
- Certificate Of Registration By Descent
- Citizenship Certificate