We are not currently offering this course as a public program. We do however run this program for organisational groups customised to your specific workplace. Contact us at email@example.com for more info.
Want to be a Safety Leader?
Learn to create and maintain safety culture; influence others to uphold the highest standards of work health and safety competency, and go beyond compliance.
Join 7,000 others in the building and construction industry endorsed 10604NAT Certificate IV in Safety Leadership (WHS) – Construction – the industry benchmark safety leadership qualification based on what government, industry and research has shown makes an effective safety leader in the construction industry.
Previously only open to internal staff from top tier construction companies, we are now offering individuals the opportunity to participate in this behavioural safety, industry endorsed, nationally recognised qualification.
The course design is based on the research of the CRC for Construction Innovation (now the Sustainable Built Environment National Research Centre -SBEnrc), in partnership with over 20 key construction industry stakeholders which included John Holland, Queensland Government, RMIT, CSIRO and Lend Lease.
A practical and interactive program, this qualification builds skills the construction industry deems critical to developing a culture of safety leadership.
The outcomes of this program include:
- Understand how to improve OH&S performance and create a proactive safety culture
- Learn to predict and prevent safety incidents, conduct observations and inspections, review near misses and incidents and report corrective actions that investigate root causes
- Understand why people behave unsafely and how to influence change
- Understand how to shift focus from lag to lead indicators
- Know their legal obligations and how to implement best practice risk management
- Learn effective communication skills, resolve conflict and conduct effective toolbox and safety committee meetings that are interactive, effective and get people thinking and contributing to ideas and actions for improvement
- Learn how to effectively manage contractors
Who should attend?
- People currently in safety-critical roles or those wanting to upskill into a safety role
- Leaders who can apply these skills in high-risk environment including construction, building and the related trades
At least 6–12 months’ work experience in the construction, building or related industries.
INTERESTED IN THIS PROGRAM?
Contact us to express your interest in the next public program or to organise a customised in-house program for your workplace.