You may be eligible for subsidised training from the ACT Training Fund Authority for a nationally recognised Work Health & Safety or Training & Assessment program.
Are you employed in the building and construction industry in the ACT?
If you fit the criteria, you could be eligible for subsidised funding from the ACT Training Fund Authority for a nationally recognised Certificate IV or Diploma training program with Workplace Dimensions.
The ACT Building and Construction Industry Training Fund Authority (TFA) is the statutory body responsible for providing funding for the training of eligible workers in the ACT Building and Construction Industry. Workplace Dimensions has been granted funding to offer subsidised places in our Certificate IV programs or a Diploma to eligible workers in the ACT building and construction industry.
If eligible you could be funded for a place in either:
Are you working in the ACT in a building and construction role (for a minimum of 80% of your time) within any of these areas?
- The construction, erection, alteration, repair, renovation, demolition, maintenance or removal of a building or structure.
- The construction, alteration or repair of a road, street parking area, footpath, thoroughfare (for pedestrians or vehicles), kerbing, guttering, roundabout, median strip, or the performance of other road works.
- The construction, alteration, repair, demolition or removal of a railway or part of a railway, or of any platform, signal or other structure connected with a railway.
- The construction, alteration, repair, demolition or removal of an aircraft runway or a helicopter landing pad.
- The construction, alteration, repair, demolition or removal of a bridge, viaduct, aqueduct or tunnel.
- The construction, alteration, repair, demolition or removal of a harbour, breakwater, retaining wall or marina.
- The performance of excavation work.
- The construction, alteration, repair, demolition or removal of a dam, reservoir, weir or other embankment or structure for the catchment, collection, storage, control or diversion of water.
- The laying of pipes and other prefabricated material in the ground.
- The construction, erection, installation, alteration, repair, demolition or removal of any system or plant associated with the conveyance, collection, storage, treatment or distribution of water or gas, or the disposal of sewage or effluent.
- Electrical, electronic, communications or data networks or mechanical services work, including work that is related to the construction, erection, installation, alteration, repair, servicing or dismantling of any plant, plant facility or equipment.
- The on-site construction, installation, alteration, repair, renovation, demolition or removal of (a) a lift or escalator; or (b) any airconditioning, ventilation or refrigeration system or equipment.
- The construction, repair, alteration or removal of a playing field, golf course, racecourse, stadium, swimming pool or other sporting or recreational facility.
- Landscaping or the construction, alteration or removal of a park or garden.
- Work to improve the drainage of land.
- Any site preparation work (including pile driving) preliminary to the performance of any construction work.
Reference: Schedule of Work in the Act BUILDING AND CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY TRAINING LEVY ACT 1999 – SCHEDULE 1 http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/act/consol_act/bacitla1999532/sch1.html